Definition & Meaning: Macro Root Word
The prefix macro comes from Greek makros ‘long, large’ and is usually added to indicate the largeness of something or in the technical context. For instance, the word ’macro-evolution’ is derived from the root ‘macro’ meaning a significant evolutionary change.In this article, we explore some words related to Macro Root Word.
As his specialty was macrophotography, his room was full of macroimages of plants, flowers and insects.
Words Based on the Macro Root Word
1. Macrobiotic: A type of diet that consists of whole grains and vegetables
2. Macrocosm: The entire universe
3. Macroeconomics: The branch of economics that studies the overall working of a national economy
4. Macrohistory: A history about large cultural groups not focusing on specifics
5. Macroimage: A large image
6. Macrolanguage: A language that involves a large number of dialects
7. Macromania: Thinking that the body’s parts are bigger than they are
8. Macromolecule: Any very large complex molecule; found only in plants and animals
9. Macronutrient: Requiring large amounts of different kinds of food
10. Macroorganism: An organism that can be seen with the naked eye
11. Macrophotography: Photography that depicts small objects in a larger size than in real life
12. Macrophyte: A sea plant that is large enough to see it
13. Macroscale: Having a large scale
14. Macroscopic: Relating to things that can be visible with the naked eye
15. Macrosocial: Relating to large societies or groups
16. Macrostructure: An overall structure or organisational scheme
17. Macrotous: With large ears
18. Macrotrend: A huge trend
19. Macroworld: A world from a larger perspective
Hope you are able to learn some words related to Macro Root Word from this article. Remember, it is all about improving your word power and word roots is a amazing method of learning many words at the same time.