Definition & Meaning: Aero Root Word
What does Aero Root Word mean?
To emphasize the meaning of the word, let me put it in a sentence:
“Nothing is as refreshing as the breath of fresh air”
The root word-Aero comes from Greek –‘aēr’ that usually refers to air. For instance, the word aerodynamics means study of how air interacts with moving bodies because:
Dynamics: study of moving bodies
Air + Dynamics= study of how air interacts with moving bodies
It is fair to say that words with the word root –Aero are mostly used in reference to air .
Aerodynamics is used to design an aeroplane.
Words Based on the Aero Root Word
Following is a list of words based on Aero root word:
1. Aeroacoustics : A branch of acoustics that studies noise generation due to the interaction of aerodynamic forces with surfaces.
2. Aeroatelectasis : A condition in which a lung of pilots collapses partially.
3. Aerobeacon : A light which warns aircrafts at night from tall buildings.
4. Aerobiotic : Life sustained in the presence of oxygen
5. Aerobridge : Elevated corridor connecting airplane to the airport.
6. Aerodontalgia : Pain in teeth caused by change in air pressure.
7. Aeroembolism : An embolism(obstruction of blood vessel) caused by formation of air bubbles in blood.
8. Aerogenous : Anything that can be transmitted through air.
9. Aerokinesis : Ability to control the movement of air. (Via Telekinesis)
10. Aerolith : A term given to a meteorite.
11. Aeromancer : One who uses Aeromancy(Divination using atmospheric conditions)
12. Aerometeorograph :A meteorograph designed to be used in an aircraft.
13. Aeronautical : Science that deals with study of flight.
14. Aerophilately : Study or collection of airmail stamps, cancellations, tickets etc.
15. Aerothorax : Presence of air inside pleural cavity due to injury to the chest or ribs.
16. Aerovane : An anemometer used to measure wind-speed and direction.
17. Aeroyacht : A flying boat, also called hydroaeroplane.
18. Aerocyst : An air compartment bounding organelles in a cell.
We can see how much easier it becomes to memorize any word if we can link it with something that we can never forget. That is the power of word root that can help us to break down complex words and easily fathom their meaning.