Meaning, Sentences, Synonyms and Antonyms for Atheist
Atheists are a common property in this world and it’s not hard to guess why it is so. There are just so many of them: disbelievers in GOD or its existence.
Word Origin for Atheist
The root of the word ‘Atheist” has a story to tell. Atheist comes from the Greek word “atheos”, meaning godless. This is further a combination of a- (meaning without) and theos (meaning god). Hence, ATHEIST equates to the GODLESS.
Some other words based on the same word root are:
Apotheosis: The elevation of a person to the status of a god.
Theology: The rational and systematic study of religion and its influences and of the nature of religious truth.
Theocracy: A political unit governed by a deity (or by officials thought to be divinely guided). In modern day usage, a government dictated by religious practices and rules.
Meaning of Atheist
1. Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God. (noun)
2. The doctrine that there is no God or Gods. (noun)
Our super tip to learn Atheist
Just recall that one friend who does not believe in the existence of God. Remember this word by relating it to this person.
You can also relate it to the association: An Atheist does not go to a Priest.
Example Sentences for Atheist
1. If a person wants to be atheistic it’s his God-given right to be an atheist.
2. All the principles of sceptics, stoics, atheists, etc., are true. But their conclusions are false, because the opposite principles are also true.-Blaise Pascal
3. For those who may not find happiness to exercise religious faith, it’s okay to remain a radical atheist, it’s absolutely an individual right, but the important thing is with a compassionate heart — then no problem.-Dalai Lama
Synonyms of Atheist
Non-believer, non-theist, disbeliever, unbeliever, heretic, sceptic, doubter, doubting Thomas, agnostic, infidel, irreligious person, heathen, pagan, freethinker, libertine,
Antonyms of Atheist
Believer, theist, deist, pious