Daily Current Affairs 01 November 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 01 November 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 01 November 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 1 November 2017 Current affairs test.
1. PM Modi wishes 5 states on their foundation day.
- PM Narendra Modi wished the people of Haryana, Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Karnataka on their foundation day.
2.Shivaji memorial in Maharashtra to be World’s tallest statue.
- The proposal to increase the height of the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj statue, to be built off Mumbai Coast, from 192m to 210m has been cleared, making the world’s tallest statue once built.
- The project for which Chief Minister had earlier allocated Rs.3600 crore, has increased the estimate to Rs.4000 crore.
3.India-Japan begin three day anti submarine drill.
- Navies of India and Japan began a three-day anti-submarine warfare exercise in the Indian Ocean region to deepen their operational coordination in the strategically important sea lanes around the two countries.
- The short duration exercise is taking place amid concerns in India and Japan over China’s growing presence in the Indo-Pacific region.
1.India starts using new trade route with Afghan, bypasses Pak.
- India sent its first ever consignment of wheat to Afghanistan by sea through Iran’s Chabhar Port, marking the inauguration of the trade route bypassing Pakistan.
- The route will open up new opportunities for trade and transit from and to Afghanistan, and will enhance trade and commerce among India, Afghanistan, Iran.
2.Sony to launch robotic pet dog priced Rs.1lakh.
- Japanese electroics major Sony will launch a robotic pet dog called ‘Aibo’ which can bark, sit and wag its tail.
- Priced at Rs.1.2lakh, Aibo has two OLED panels as eyes with a battery life of around two hours.
3.Michael Jackson named top-earning dead celebrity for 5th time.
- Late singer Michael Jackson has been named the highest-earning dead celebrity for the 5th consecutive year by Forbes.
- His earnings have been estimated to be $75mn. German born physicist Albert Einstein has ranked 10th in this list.
1.Vedanta to invest $9bn in India: Anil Ambani.
- UK’s Vedanta Resources will invest around $9bn in India over the next few years to expand its hydrocarbons, metals and mining businesses, Chairman Anil Agarwal said.
- He added that a large part will be directed towards oil and gas to increase their production.
2. India jumps 30 places on ease of doing business rankings.
- India has jumped 30 places to be ranked 100 among 190 countries in the World Bank’s 2018 ease of doing business report.
- India was also ranked 5th best performing nation in reforming the business environment. India also saw improvement in 6 of 10 indicators.
3.Tata steel appoints TV Narendran as global CEO and MD.
- Tata Steel has promoted TV Narendran as the CEO and Managing Director globally.
- Narendran had joined company in 1988 and was serving as MD of India and South East Asia operations for past four years.
1.India breaks the jinx with a massive win in T20 match against New Zealand.
- India won the T20 match against new Zealand by 53-runs and have taken a 1-0 lead in the series
- This is India’s first ever win against New Zealand in T20Is. It was also veteran bowler Ashish Nehra’s last match in competitive cricket
2.Jasprit Bumrah regains top spot in T20I bowlers’ rankings.
- Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah has regained the top spot in the ICC T20I bowlers rankings, afterPakistan Spinner Imad Wasim fell to second place.
- Bumrah also touched a career best third rank in ICC ODI bowlers rankings.
- Daily Current Affairs: November 1
- Daily Current Affairs: November 2
- Daily Current Affairs: November 3
- Daily Current Affairs: November 4
- Daily Current Affairs: November 5
- Daily Current Affairs: November 6
- Daily Current Affairs: November 7
- Daily Current Affairs: November 8
- Daily Current Affairs: November 9
- Daily Current Affairs: November 10
- Daily Current Affairs: November 11
- Daily Current Affairs: November 12
- Daily Current Affairs: November 13
- Daily Current Affairs: November 14
- Daily Current Affairs: November 15