Daily Current Affairs 10 October 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 10 October 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 10 October 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 10 October 2017 Current affairs test.
1. Abdul Tunda gets life term
- Lakshar-e-Taiba’s Abdul Karim Tunda is the convict in 1996 Sonipat bomb blasts.
- The court asked him to pay Rs.50,000 each under three different sections.
2. Haryana CM launches battery carts at Gurugram National Park
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar launched 5 battery carts at Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary.
- More than 30,000 birds from Russia and China visit the park every year during winter.
3. UP govt proposes to build Lord Ram statue in Ayodhya
- The govt has proposed to construct a 100-meter tall statue of Lord Ram in Ayodhya on the banks of rive Sarayu.
- This is a part of ‘Navya Ayodhya’ project which is aimed at promoting religious tourism.
4. Gujarat cuts VAT on fuel by 4%
- Gujarat is the first stet to cut the VAT on fuel.
- Petrol will be cheaper by Rs.2.93/litre and diesel by Rs.2.72/litre in the state.
1. California wildfires kill 10 people
- The wildfire in California has destroyed 1,500 structures.
- 20,000 people have been evacuated from the affected areas.
- The country has deployed its largest fire fighting aircraft, a converted Boeing 747, to combat the fires.
2.Germany to limit annual intake of refugees
- Germany will limit the intake of refugees to 2 lakh annually.
- This is as a part of deal between German Chancellor Angela Merkel’s party and its coalition ally.
3.Netherlands gets coalition govt
- Four Dutch political parties agreed to form a coalition govt after 208 days of negotiations, the longest time taken in the country’s history.
- The average time taken to form a ruling coalition in modern Dutch history is 72 days.
1. Jio Payments Bank to launch in December
- Jio Payments Bank, a 70:30 joint venture between Reliance Industries and SBI will begin operations in December.
- It had initially planned its launch to coincide with the delivery of its JioPhone in October.
2. PepsiCo Indian Chairman resigns
- PepsiCo India Chairman and CEO D Shivakumar has resigned almost four years after taking over as the head of PepsiCo.
- He will now join Aditya Birla Group as its Executive Vice-President(Corporate Strategy and Business Development).
1.Indian women to play ICC Championship opener vs SA
- The Indian women’s cricket team will begin their ICC campaign against South Africa in February 2018.
- The Championship will see participation from eight national teams.
2.Iceland becomes smallest nation ever to enter FIFA World Cup
- Iceland has become the smallest country ever to qualify for the final stage of FIFA World Cup after topping its qualifying group.
- The island nation has a population of over 3,34,000 with over 20,000 registered football players.
- Daily Current Affairs: October 1
- Daily Current Affairs: October 2
- Daily Current Affairs: October 3
- Daily Current Affairs: October 4
- Daily Current Affairs: October 5
- Daily Current Affairs: October 6
- Daily Current Affairs: October 7
- Daily Current Affairs: October 8
- Daily Current Affairs: October 9
- Daily Current Affairs: October 10
- Daily Current Affairs: October 11
- Daily Current Affairs: October 12
- Daily Current Affairs: October 13
- Daily Current Affairs: October 14
- Daily Current Affairs: October 15