Daily Current Affairs 17 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 17 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 17 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 17 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. ‘Paudhagiri’ campaign
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched the ‘Paudhagiri’ campaign.
- The aim is to increase the green cover in the state.22 lakh students from class 6 to 12 of schools in Haryana will plant a sapling plant.
2. Monsoon Session 2018 of Parliament
- Government to hold All Party Leaders Meeting ahead of Monsoon Session 2018 of Parliament that will begin tomorrow.
- Government has called for cooperation from all parties in country’s interest, Monsoon Session will provide a total of 18 sittings spread over a period of 24 days.
3. FASTags and Vehicle Tracking System to be Made Mandatory for All National Permit Commercial Vehicles Driving License
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has notified draft amendments to the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, making FASTags and Vehicle Tracking System device mandatory for all commercial vehicles obtaining national permit.
- The front wind screen of the vehicle will have a sticker confirming fitting of the Fastag.The other is also display of the words “National Permit or N/P” in the front and rear of the vehicles in bold letters.
4. Witch-hunting Bill
- President Kovind give assent to the witch-hunting (Prohibition, Prevention, and Protection) Bill.
- According to bill, A prison can be termed of up to 7 years and up to Rs. 5 lakh in fine for calling someone a witch. It also has provisions to come with Section 302 of the IPC, punishment for murder, if someone is killed after being branded a witch.
1. Trump and Putin Held 1st Summit
- Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin held the first summit at Helsinki in Finland.
- This meeting comes days after a federal grand jury indicted 12 Russian intelligence officials on charges of hacking the servers of the Democratic National Committee.
2. Boxer Mayweather tops list of World’s highest paid celebrity
- Floyd Mayweather has been named the world’s highest paid celebrity by Forbes with earnings of $285 million.
- Actor George Clooney is at No. 2 spot, Reality star Kylie Jenner is at No. 3.
3. World’s largest visa centre in Bangladesh
- Rajanth Singh inaugurated the world’s largest visa centre (integrated state-of-the-art Indian Visa Application Centre (IVAC)).
- Bangladeshis constitute one of the largest visitors from a single country to India. Previous year, India issued 1.4 million visas to Bangladeshi nationals.
1. Bhushan Steel Appoints TV Narendran As Chairman
- Bhushan Steel has appointed T.V. Narendran as Chairman and non-executive, additional director of the company.
- Tata Steel acquired controlling stake of 72.65% in Bhushan Steel.
2. Sangita Kalanidhi Award 2018
- Aruna Sairam has been selected for Sangita Kalanidhi Award 2018 for her contribution to Carnatic music.
- Carnatic music, Karnāṭaka saṃgīta or Karnāṭaka saṅgītam is a system of music commonly associated with southern India, including the modern Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala, and Tamil Nadu, as well as Sri Lanka.
3. LIC to hold a 51% stake in IDBI Bank
- The board of Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has approved the proposal to hold a 51% stake in IDBI Bank.
- IDBI Bank Headquarters in Mumbai. | B Sriram was appointed as the IDBI Bank’s CEO and Managing Director.
1. World Junior Wushu Championships
- India won 9 medals that includes four silver and five bronze in 7th World Junior Wushu Championships
- The 7th World Junior Wushu championships held in Brasilia, Brazil.
2. 36th Golden Glove of Vojvodina youth tournament
- Indian boxers ended with seven gold medals to claim the overall top spot in the event in Subotica, Serbia.
- India finished with seven gold, six silver and four bronze.
3. 2018 FIFA World Cup Awards
- Golden Ball Award Winner : Luka Modric (Croatia), Golden Boot Award Winner : Harry Kane (England captain)
- Golden Glove Award Winner : Thibaut Courtois (Belgium), FIFA Young Player Award : 19-year-old Kylian Mbappe (France).
- FIFA Fair Play Award : Spain for superb disciplinary record.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15