Daily Current Affairs 3 July 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 July 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 July 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 July 2017 Current affairs test.
1. NMCE, ICEX to merge to create India’s third biggest commodity exchange
- National Multi Commodity Exchange (NMCE), India’s first demutualised online national multi-commodities exchange will merge with Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX).
- The merged entity will create India’s third biggest commodity exchange. The largest commodity exchange by volume is the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) followed by National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX).
2. CISF security at Delhi Airport wins World’s best award.
- The CISF security cover at Delhi Airport has been rated the best service in the world by quality rating agency World quality Congress(WQC).
- WQC will hand over the award to CISF in an event at Mumbai.
3. PM Modi to adopt wrestling village, his third in Varanasi
- UP Chief Minister announced that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will adopt Kakrahia, a village in Varanasi known for its wrestlers and wrestling arenas.
- In past Modi has adopted to villages Jaypur and Nagepur in his loksabha Consituency Under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
4. Delhi Police to launch women’s safety app for third time.
- Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik has announced that an upgraded version of the women’s safety app ‘HIMMAT’ will be launched for the third time.
5. IGNOU announces free education for transgenders.
- The Indira Gandhi National Open University(IGNOU) has Announced that it will offer free education for transgender students, in all the courses that it offers.
- All the study material will be provided free of cost, this has been done to integrate the special group with the mainstream.
6.Assam to raise Special Rhino Protection Force for rhino protection
- The Assam government is going to raise a new Special Rhino Protection Force (SRPF) for better protection of the one-horned rhinos in Assam.
- Kaziranga National Park is in the Golghat and Nagaon Districts of the state Assam.
- The sanctuary, which hosts two-thirds of the world’s great one horn Rhinoceroses is a world heritage site.
1. WHO declares end of Ebola outbreak in Congo.
- The World Health Organisation has declared the end of most recent outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
- It was DRC’s eighth outbreak of EVD since the discovery of the virus in the country in 1976. It killed four of the eight people infected in the central African country..
2. Iran to sign over Rs. 31,000-crore Deal with oil firm Total.
- French oil and gas company Total has agreed to a $4.8-billion deal with Iran to develop one of the world’s largest natural gas fields.
- This is Iran’s biggest foreign deal since sanctions were eased last year.
- The deal is to develop a gas field in Persian Gulf alongside China’s CNPC(China National Petroleum Corporation) and Iran’s Petropars.
3.US to create ‘Space Corps’ as sixth branch of armed forces.
- US house Armed Service Committee has voted to create a ‘Space Corps’, a sixth branch of the country’s Armed Forces to incorporate current space mission of the US Air Force.
- If approved, It would be the first new military service in the country since 1947.
1 .Syndicate Bank appoints Melwyn Rego as its New CEO and MD.
- Syndicate Bank has appointed Melwyn Rego as its new Chief Executive officer(CEO) and Managing Director(MD).
- Rego who assumed charge on July1, was previously the CEO of Bank of India.
2. ITC crosses Rs. 4 trillion in market cap.
- FMCG major ITC became the fourth Indian company to cross market capitalisation of Rs. 4 trillion.
- ITC’s stock gained as much as 9.06% in intraday trade owing to company’s positive outlook from GST.
3. Dropbox readies for biggest tech IPO since Snapchat
- American file hosting service Dropbox is redying for an initial public offering that could come later this year.
- It would make it the biggest IPO by a technology company since snapchat.
- Snapchat’s IPO valued the company at $24billion earlier this year.
4. ANAROCK ropes in Housing.com co-founder Rahul Yadav as CTO
- Co-founder and former CEO of Housing.com Rahul Yadav is all set to join Anuj Puri’s newly launched ANAROCK Property Consultants as its Chief Product & Technology Officer.
- ANAROCK, which was launched last month, today announced Yadav’s appointment to the post .
1. Germany wins Confederation cup finals defeating Chile by 1-0.
- In what is considered a preview of the 2018 World Cup, Germany defeated Chile to win the Confederation Cup at the Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Ptersburg, Russia
- Lars Stindl of Germany score the goal in the first half against the run of play.< li>
2. 1st Wimbledon was organised to fund repair of ground roller
- The first ever Wimbeldon competition, held on 3rd July 1877, was organised in order to raise enough funds to get the Wimbledon tennis club’s maintenance roller repaired.
- The tournament’s inaugural edition saw participation of 22 players.
- Today it is considered as a one of the prestigious tournament of Tennis world.
- Daily Current Affairs: July 1
- Daily Current Affairs: July 2
- Daily Current Affairs: July 3
- Daily Current Affairs: July 4
- Daily Current Affairs: July 5
- Daily Current Affairs: July 6
- Daily Current Affairs: July 7
- Daily Current Affairs: July 8
- Daily Current Affairs: July 9
- Daily Current Affairs: July 10
- Daily Current Affairs: July 11
- Daily Current Affairs: July 12
- Daily Current Affairs: July 13
- Daily Current Affairs: July 14
- Daily Current Affairs: July 15
- Daily Current Affairs: July 16
- Daily Current Affairs: July 17
- Daily Current Affairs: July 18
- Daily Current Affairs: July 19
- Daily Current Affairs: July 20
- Daily Current Affairs: July 21
- Daily Current Affairs: July 22
- Daily Current Affairs: July 23
- Daily Current Affairs: July 24
- Daily Current Affairs: July 25
- Daily Current Affairs: July 26
- Daily Current Affairs: July 27
- Daily Current Affairs: July 28
- Daily Current Affairs: July 29
- Daily Current Affairs: July 30
- Daily Current Affairs: July 31