Daily Current Affairs 3 July 2018: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 3 July 2018. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 3 July 2018. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 3 July 2018 Current affairs test.
1. Mobile App “cVIGIL”
- The Chief Election Commissioner O.P. Rawat, along with the Election Commissioners Sunil Arora and Ashok Lavasa launched a mobile app, called ‘Cvigil,’.
- “cVIGIL” is a user-friendly and easy to operate Android application for citizens to report any violation of the model code of conduct during elections.
2. Indian Army Motorcycle Expedition to Commemorate Kargil Vijay Diwas
- A motorcycle expedition comprising of ‘SHWET ASHW’ the elite Motorcycle Display Team of the Corps of Military Police, was flagged off’ to commemorate the victory of Indian Army in Operation Vijay 1999.
- The expedition will traverse a distance of more than 3250 Kms from Bangalore to Dras, Jammu and Kashmir over a period of 24 days across eight states of the country, reaching Kargil War Memorial, Dras on 26 July 2018.
3. National Workshop on Skill Development for Persons with Disabilities
- A “National Workshop on Skill Development for Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)”was organized by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- ThaawarchandGehlot, Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment inaugurated the workshop and Dharmendra Pradhan, Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship was the Guest of Honour.
4. The 2021 Census will be stored electronically
- According to an amended rule notified by the Registrar-General of India (RGI), the data collected during the 2021 Census will be stored electronically, the first time since the decennial exercise was conducted in 1951 in Independent India.
- The decennial Census of India has been conducted 15 times, As of 2011.it has been conducted by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.All the census since 1951 are conducted under 1948 Census of India Act.
5. Systematic Voters Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP)
- Election Commission of India has launched a dedicated portal for the ECI’s ‘Systematic Voters Education and Electoral Participation’ (SVEEP).
- SVEEP is a programme of multi interventions through different modes and media designed to educate citizens, electors and voters about the electoral process in order to increase their awareness and participation in the electoral processes.
1. Sri Lanka to shift naval base to China-controlled Hambantota port
- Sri Lanka is shifting a naval base to a port built and controlled by China.
- The United States, India and Japan have raised concerns that China might use the port as a naval base. The Sri Lankan government and Chinese embassy in Colombo have denied that and the agreement for the port deal included a clause that it cannot be used for military purposes.
2. India to provide tariff concessions on 3,142 items to APTA members
- India has agreed to provide tariff concessions on 3,142 products to Asia Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA) members. The six member countries are Bangladesh, China, India, Laos, Korea and Sri Lanka.
- APTA is an initiative under the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN ESCAP) for trade expansion through exchange of tariff concessions among developing country members of the Asia Pacific Region. It is in place since 1975.
3. Japan to buy advanced US radar for missile defence system
- Japan will buy a US-made advanced radar for its multibillion-dollar missile defence system which could help ease trade friction and provide cutting-edge protection against the arsenals of North Korea and China.
- At a joint news conference with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in June, Trump said Abe had pledged to buy “billions and billions of dollars of additional products of all kinds.”
1. 1st Khadi Mall
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Raghubar Das announced that the first ‘Khadi Mall’ of the country will be opened in Jharkhand.
- The artisans would be provided technological aid for value addition in their products, while rural, urban and tourism ‘haats’ will provide them markets for their goods.
2. BSE, BME Tie-Up
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has entered into an agreement with the Bombay Metal Exchange (BME) for the growth and systematic development of commodity derivatives markets in the non-ferrous metals complex.
- The BSE and the BME will coordinate and work jointly on initiatives .
3. Vijay Srinivas Appointed Director & GM of United India Insurance
- United India Insurance Company announced the appointment of K B Vijay Srinivas as its Director and General Manager.
- United India Insurance Company is the 2nd Largest General Insurance company in India.
4. Anjolie Ela Menon and Ramachandran conferred the Kaalidas Award
- Madhya Pradesh government honoured artist Anjolie Ela Menon with the National Kaalidas Samman for visual arts.
- Artist A. Ramachandran was also conferred with the Kaalidas Award.
1. HS Prannoy defeated two-time Olympic champion
- India’s HS Prannoy defeated two-time Olympic champion and five-time world champion, China’s Lin Dan in the first round of Indonesia Open.
- India’s Sameer Verma also entered the second round of the tournament.
2. ICC Cricket Hall of Fame 2018
- Rahul Dravid of India, Ricky Ponting of Australia and retired England Women wicketkeeper-batter Claire Taylor were inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame 2018.
- Rahul Dravid has become the fifth Indian cricketer after Anil Kumble, Sunil Gavaskar, Bishan Singh Bedi and Kapil Dev to be inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame.
3. Max Verstappen wins the Austrian Grand Prix
- Verstappen won Red Bull’s home Austrian Grand Prix Formula One.
- It was his first win of the season. Kimi Raikkonen was a close second, with teammate Vettel third.