Daily Current Affairs 4 April 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This article, Daily Current Affairs 4 April 2017, includes all Major National, International, Business, and Sports events. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through this article, that is, Daily Current Affairs 4 April 2017, we would recommend to you to try 4 April 2017 Current affairs test.
India ranked 3rd in WADA doping lists for the Year 2015
- India has been ranked 3rd in the doping violation report which was published by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for the year 2015.According to the report, 117 athletes from India have been found guilty after testing positive for banned substances.
- The top spot is held by Russia followed by Italy.
- India held the same position in the year 2013 and 2014. The urine samples taken from Indian athletes were used by WADA to find out the violation.
- Indian Army Chief Bipin Rawat conferred with Nepal Army honorary title in Kathmandu
- The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Bipin Rawat visited Nepal and Bangladesh from March 28, 2017 to April 2, 2017 on his first foreign visit where he was presented Honorary General of the Nepalese Army title by the President of Nepal on March 29, 2017.
- When General Rajendra Chettri- Chief of Army Staff of Nepalese Army, visited India, he was presented with Honorary General of the Indian Army last year on February 3, 2016.
Subsidy to mild hybrids withdrawn by Government under FAME scheme
- Benefits to be given to mild hybrid vehicles under FAME India scheme have been withdrawn with effect from 1st April 2017. As per a notification issued by Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises. The notification also made it clear that decision does not apply to sales of mild hybrid vehicles made to retail purchasers up to 31st March 2017.
- This news has negatively affected the largest car maker in India-Maruti Suzuki, whose popular models ‘Ertiga’ and ‘Ciaz’ use hybrid technology and were eligible for benefits under FAME India scheme.
- Polythene processed below 50 microns is banned by Government of Jammu & Kashmir
- The state government of Jammu & Kashmir has banned the usage of polythene bags which is manufactured below 50 microns from April 3, 2017.This ban was officially announced by Mr. Choudhary Lal Singh -Minister for Forest, Environment, and Ecology. The awareness camps were also organized to educate people about ill effects of non-biodegradable products.
- A violator of the Act will be guilty for punishment up to one month in jail or fine of Rs 5000 or both.
Banking & Finance
ICICI and Axis Bank sold loans of Rs 1800 crore of Ballarpur to Edelweiss Asset Reconstruction Company
- The top Market leader banks ICICI Bank and Axis Bank sold Rs 1800 crore worth loans of paper maker Ballarpur Industries to Edelweiss Asset Reconstruction Company.For the first time, a potentially bad loan was being sold off to an Asset Reconstruction Company at book value.
- Axis Bank sold loans worth of Rs.1200 crores and ICICI Bank sold loans which are of Rs.600 crore.
- In February 2017, India’s credit rating agency downgraded Ballarpur Industries debt by assigning it a D-rating, which led to the selling of loan to Edelweiss.
RBI clears new Rs 200 denominated notes proposal
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cleared a proposal to introduce new currency notes of Rs 200 on April 3, 2017. The proposal was cleared during the RBI board meeting held in March 2017.The move was made to reduce the cash crunch after demonetization and Rs 200 will be the 2nd new denomination after Rs 2000.
- If the central government officially approves the new denomination, the process of producing the Rs 200 notes will begin after June.
Proposal of New set of surface-to-air missiles for Navy- Central Government gets cleared
- On 3rd April 2017, the Central government has approved the procurement of a fresh batch of Barak surface-to-air missiles for its naval warships. The proposal was accepted during a meeting of the Defense Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Defense Minister of India ArunJaitley, in New Delhi.
Science & Technology
Central Government launches BS-IV Grade Fuel after BS-III ban
- Minister of State (I/C) for Petroleum and Natural Gas,Dharmendra Pradhan officially launched the low emission Bharat stage (BS)-IV Grade fuel in Bhubaneswar on April 1, 2017.The launch was made on the special occasion of UtkalDiwas
- Bharat stage (BS)-IV Grade fuel was presented after BS-III compatible vehicles sales and registration were banned by Central government from April 1, 2017
- The launch was made in 12 cities of India which includes Varanasi, Vijayawada, Durgapur, Gorakhpur, Imphal, Bhopal, Ranchi, Madurai, Nagpur, Patna, Guwahati, and Shillong.
Appointments & Resigns
- Indian Cricketer MS Dhoni recognized as CEO of Gulf Oil for 1 day
- MS Dhoni, The former Indian cricket team skipper became an acting Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Gulf Oil India just for a day on April 3, 2017.The news was announced by Dhoni’s close friend and commercial interest manager, ArunPandey.
FIFA bans Brayan Jimenez for lifetime
- A former member of the FIFA Committee for Fair Play and Social Responsibility, Brayan Jimenez was banned for life-time by Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) from April 3, 2017.
- He has been banned for offenses such as bribery and corruption. The information was shared by FIFA ethics committee.Also, he was involved in the biggest corruption scandal in the history of the global soccer body.
Gujarat’s first woman police chief -DGP Geetha Johri
- Director General of Police (DGP) Geetha Johri was announced as Police Chief (in-charge) of Gujarat on April 4, 2017. By this, Johari has become the 1st woman IPS officer to be appointed as the Police Chief in Gujarat.
- The Minister of State for Home Pradeep Singh Jadeja officially announced the appointment of Johri.
- Daily Current Affairs Today 1 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 2 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 3 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 4 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 5 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 6 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 7 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 8 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 9 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 10 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 11 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 12 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 13 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 14 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 15 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 16 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 17 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 18 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 19 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 20 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 21 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 22 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 23 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 24 April 2017
- Daily Current Affairs Today 25 April 2017