Daily Current Affairs 8 December 2017: Your guide for daily General Knowledge Preparation
This post contains important current affairs of 8 December 2017. It includes all Major National, International, Business and Sports related current affairs of 8 December 2017. A brief explanation of every current affair is provided to further enhance your general knowledge. Once you have gone through these current affairs we would recommend to you to try 8 December 2017 Current affairs test.
1.Deadline to link Aadhar with PAN extended to March 31.
- The government said that this is to provide the taxpayers who haven’t yet completed the linking of the two.
- The government also told that it was ready to extend deadline for mandatory linking of Aadhar to avail various services and welfare schemes.
2.Only CISF, NSG to provide security for VVIPs: Home Ministry.
- The Central Industrial Security Forces and National Security Guard will provide security to VVIPs like MPs, ministers and other senior dignitaries.
- The CRPF and Indo Tibetan Police Force will be relieved from personal protection work.
3.India’s Taj Mahal rated 2nd best UNESCO World Heritage site .
- The Angkor Wat temple topped the list.
- The Great Wall Of China, Machu Pichu in Peru and old city of Jerusalem were also featured in the list.
1.North Korea wants direct talks with US: Russia.
- North Korea wants to talk to the US about guarantees for its security, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has claimed.
- This has come into picture due to the tension going on between US and North Korea over the North Korea’s nuclear programme .
2.Two rockets were fired at Israel after Trump’s decision.
- Rockets were fired from the Gaza Strip on Thursday towards the Israeli territory but failed to reach the targets said Israeli Army.
- The Army responded by attacking two posts of the Palestine militant group Hamas in Gaza Strip.
3.The decision of US about Jerusalem is challenge to Muslim world says Al-Qaeda.
- Recognising Jerusalem as the capital of Israel is a clear challenge to muslim world that sees the centrality of the Palestinian cause .
- The holy city of Jerusalem is claimed as the capital of both Israel and Palestine.
1.Alibaba is set to invest $300 million in BigBasket .
- Alibaba to invest for one third stake in Bengaluru-based startup of online grocer BigBasket.
- Reports earlier suggested that Alibaba was seeking approval from the Competition Commission of India(CCI) to buy stake in BigBasket.
2.Infosys files settlement plea with SEBI on former CFO’s pay.
- Infosys has filed settlement plea with market regulator SEBI over its probe into former Chief Financial Officer Rajiv Bansal’s over Rs. 17 Cr severance offer.
- The deal was based on an undertaking that Infosys would neither admit nor deny the findings of SEBI’s investigation, the company said.
3.Bitcoin: Indonesia bars use by fintech firms.
- “Financial technology operators are banned from using virtual currency in payment system activities, ” said deputy governor at Bank Indonesia(BI) .
- BI said it had issued the new regulation to enhance governance over virtual currencies that could pose big risk to the economy .
1.Kanchanmala wins India’s first World Para Swimming Championship gold.
- She became the first Indian to win the gold medal at Para Swimming Championship, which took place in Mexico.
- She won gold in 200 metre medley event in the S-11 category.
2.Ronaldo has won the Ballon d’Or award.
- He has won it for the second time beating Neymar and Lionel Messi.
- He also won the FIFA Men’s Player of the Year award in October.