Definition & Meaning: Fore Root Word
The root word Fore means in front of, previous, earlier.
There are multiple words based on this root word Fore. For instance, forebear is an ancestor,
To forebode is to give an advance warning of something bad and forecast is a preview of events to be.
Words Based on the Fore Root Word
Let’s learn a few more words based on the Fore Root word :
1. Forearm: The part of the superior limb between the elbow and the wrist
2. Forecast: A prediction about how something (as the weather) will develop
3. Foretell: Make a prediction about
4. Foresee: To see or know ahead of time
5. Foresight: Seeing ahead
6. Forehand: Any stroke made on the racket side of the body
7. Forehead: The part of the face above the eyes
8. Foreman: A person who exercises control over workers
9. Forethought: Anticipation, foresight
10. Foreshadow: Gives clues that suggest what might happen in the future
11. Aforementioned: Denoting a thing or person previously mentioned.
12. Before: In front of
13. Forebear: An ancestor
14. Forefather: A member of the past generations of one’s family or people; an ancestor
15. Forefront: Most important position or place.
16. Forego: Go without
17. Foreplay: Sexual activity that precedes intercourse.
With this, we come to an end of this lesson on Root word Fore. Hope you’ve learned many new words based in the root word Fore. Keep revising, keep learning with WordEx. Here’s wishing you an enriching vocabulary.