Definition & Meaning: Form Root Word
The root word Form is taken from Latin word, conformity meaning correspondence in form, manner, or character or “a shape”.
For instance, formation means something that is formed and reformatory is something intended for reformation.
Words Based on the Form Root Word
Let’s learn more words based on the common root word – Form :
1. Information: Descriptive ‘shape’
2. Deformed: ‘Out of shape’
3. Malformed: ‘Badly shaped’
4. Conform: ‘Thoroughly shape’ to others
5. Nonconformist: ‘Not thoroughly shaped’ to others
6. Cruciform: ‘Shaped like a cross’
7. Cuneiform: ‘Shaped like a wedge’
8. Formula: Mathematical ‘shape’
9. Transform: ‘Shape across’
10. Formative: Something that is formative shapes or influences the growth of something else
11. Formality: Requirement of etiquette or custom
12. Formless: Having no definite form or distinct shape
13. Formatted: Set (printed matter) into a specific format
14. Format : Format is a structure, plan, or arrangement for how something is presented.
15. Formulative: When you formulate an action you carefully plan or work it out in great detail ahead of time.
16. Deform: Make formless
17. Informant : A person who supplies information
With this, we come to an end of this lesson on Root word Form, which is quite commonly used. Hope you’ve learned many new words based in the root word Form. Keep revising, keep learning with WordEx. Here’s wishing you an enriching vocabulary.