Direction for the questions: (1- 3:)
The Doctors of Kokilaben Hospital launched a free camp on four days –Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday. Four tests are being conducted: Skin checkups, Cardiograph, Thyroid Treatment, Urine test.
The hospital remains open from 10 am to 5 pm on these four days
Dilip has joined this camp and his preferences are as follows:
1. He prefers to take the appointment for a urine checkup either from 10 am to 11 am or from 4 pm to 5 pm.
2. He will take an appointment for Thyroid checkup either on Saturday and Thursday from 10.30 am to 12 noon or on Friday and Sunday from 11 am to 12.30 pm.
3. He can take the appointment for Cardiograph checkup either on Saturday and Sunday from 1 pm to 3 pm or on Friday and Thursday from 12 noon to 2 pm
4. For a Skin checkup, he can have the tests in two ways: two one hour checkups on two different days or one three hour test on a single day.
5. He has fixed the same time for urine tests on all four days.
Question 1: If Dilip decides to take appointment for one three hour test on Skins checkup on a single day, then on which day he cannot do so?
(d) He can do so on all four days
Question 2: Dilip takes a three hour appointment for Skin checkup on Sunday. Which of the following statements can be true regarding Dilip’s timetable?
(a) Appointment for Cardiograph checkup on Sunday from 1 pm to 3 pm
(b) Appointment for Thyroid checkup on Saturday from 11 am to 12.30 pm
(c) There is a gap of one hour between Cardiograph and the Urine test on Sunday, if he chooses to them on Sunday.
(d) All of the above.
Question 3: The Hospital has divided the following time slots:
- First half from 10 am to 1 pm
- Second half from 1 pm to 5 pm
If the checkup starts before 1 pm, it is said to be in the first half and if it starts after 1 pm, it is said to be in the second half.
Which of the following can fit in Dilip’s Timetable?
(a) Skins checkup in the first half and Thyroid checkup in the second half
(b) Skins checkup in the second half and Thyroid checkup in the first half
(c) Appointments for both Cardiograph checkup and Urine checkup in the first half
(d) Either b or c
Answers and Explanations
Explanation for questions 1 to 3: There are four cases as a result from the given information
These are the four possible cases where three of his appointments can be scheduled.
Answer 1 : (d)
Dilip can take a 3 hour Thyroid checkup on any of the four days as a three hour time slot is available on each of these days. Remember to keep all the four cases in mind while solving this question.
Answer 2 : (d)
Considering the given information in the question, we can see that only cases 3 and 4 are applicable here. Option (a):From case 4, Dilip can take a Cardiograph checkup from 1 pm to 3 pm Option (b): From case 3 and 4, we can see that the Thyroid check-up is not impacted by the tests on Sunday. Hence, the statement is correct. Option (c): We can derive this from case 3. Thus, all the statements are possible.
Answer 3 : (b)
Thyroid checkup is always in the first half (ruling out options a). Cardiograph checkup takes place in the second half only (ruling out option c). In all 4 cases, appointment for the Skin checkup can be taken in the second half, and the Thyroid checkup takes place in the second half. So, the correct answer would be option b
Want to explore more Logical Reasoning Sets?
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-34
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-35
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-36
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-37
- Logical Reasoning (Level-2): Set-38