To learn this word, try and recall how the teacher used to teach certain theories in class that no one understood . But even if “ten” people were able to understand the theory, then you had to give it to the teacher and agree that it is a tenable ( reasonable ) theory.
Meaning of Tenable:
1. Capable of being maintained in argument; rationally defensible.
2. Capable of being held against assault; defensible
Sentence Examples for Tantamount:
1. The article was tenable at universities or other approved institution in the UK.
2. Puja’s position soon seemed tenable only to himself and he was sacked.
3. When Captain Ramesh learned that the fort had been made tenable again, he ordered that it should be defended.